Moreton Bay council works depot, Petrie
Our Fox Diversion System works well, there are a lot of different users on our wash area so our site is always dirty. The Fox First Flush System automatically takes the first flush of dirty water to treatment when it rains. We could not use a roof as some of our equipment is to big, the Fox FF600 is perfect for the job.
The Moreton Bay Regional Council Depot at Petrie had an old wash bay that needed upgrading. They had limited room to work with. The following need to be taken into consideration during the design:
- Unroofed wash pad
- 2 bay wash pad
- Washing heavy earth moving equipment
- Washing street cleaners
- Use of harvested water for washing
- Automated diversion system
- New oil water separator
Victor Cross from Chilton Woodward & Associated in Brisbane and David Dickson from Fox met on site to discuss the Council requirements, and come up with a solution including the new slab design.
Fox Custom First Flush (FF600BRT) Diversion System with a Fox FX6000 Oil Solids Separator.
This fully automated system included:
- Custom FF600BRT (First Flush) diversion system that diverts the wash water to treatment and automatically takes a “first flush” off the wash area in the event of rain. Preventing any contaminants left on the wash pad from contaminating the stormwater.
- A Fox FX600 Oil Separator. Cleaning the waste water to a level acceptable to discharge to town sewer.